When working with Articulate Rise, it’s important to know that this eLearning authoring tool varies substantially from Storyline or Captivate, to name just the most popular ones.
From our experience, if what you are looking for is agile-fast-responsive creation of courses, Rise stands out as the easiest and quickest way to build courses that look good and have great functionality. However, since it is a cloud-based software, it is key to have a good internet connection in order to avoid wasting time when uploading or downloading files. Otherwise, Rise is lightweight and does not require many computer resources, making it quite simple for reviewers and stakeholders to collaborate.
It should be noted that Rise is managed by pre-designed templates and that content such as videos, images, lists, etc. can be added to these. You can quickly create courses using the assets in the Content Library. However, Rise has certain limitations. For example, the design of a gallery cannot be modified, and this extends to certain interactions, where there is a character limit.
One of its main advantages is the speed with which you can create and translate courses, but this benefit also limits flexibility when it comes to your design creativity, since it doesn’t allow for too much versatility in order to change templates.
Rise is a rather simple eLearning authoring tool, but that doesn’t make it less productive and efficient. Proof of this is that small and big companies alike are switching to it.
Beginner tips and tricks:
- Before you get to work on your course, identify all the objects to be used (videos, info-graphics, podcasts, animations, interactions, etc.)
- Organize those items in folders as to create a library of the different assets.
- Rise provides an intuitive user interface; with the click of a button, you can duplicate modules, add interactive features and drag and drop items.
- Think creatively, use other assets to bring your course to life.
- Use templates; Rise also allows you to create block templates.
- Create different custom labels.
- Rise automatically saves your work every few seconds, so keep earlier versions by making a copy of your course as a back-up. Trick: there is a trash folder, so if you accidentally delete a module you will find it there.
Courses that may take two to three weeks to develop in Storyline, could be developed in around one week with Rise, thanks to its faster development speed. The courses in Rise adapt to any device, making it easier for students on the go. If you do not know a thing about programming, don’t worry, Rise is simple. To learn more about the benefits of Articulate Rise, contact us.